Because 8 Is Great consists of eight parts:
- No. One: Declan stands on my belly and tries to keep his balance;
- Duo: We wear one sweater together and play the guitar and sing “we’ve been so lonely”;
- We Have No Time: We face each other and say as fast and often as possible “we have no time”;
- Night Sea Crossing: Like in the work of Marina and Ulay we sit at a table and look at each other. After a while I start to move towards Declan and climb across the table towards him. He farts;
Milky Way: As an interlude a film is shown. Declan and me are drinking a glass of milk, put cling film onto our faces and spit out the milk;
- 1977: In black light, after a while our underwear becomes visible;
- The Shit/Scheiße Piece: An acoustic piece in techno style;
- If You’re Happy: We face the audience wearing black hoodies and looking glum, whispering “if you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands”;
- The Candle Piece: We draw a candle for everyone;
Outro: We look stoned and sing “Heal the world”.
Because 8 Is Great is combining funny and contemplative pieces. When Declan and me perform, we often seem funny at first sight. But then seriousness, irony, sadness and loneliness appear.